Fuel Your Body: A healthy, delicious, pasta dish bursting full of warm, fresh flavours, this is a fantastic muscle-building meal to have in your fitness cookbook. The great thing about this recipe is that it's highly customizable to fit your individual goals - whether that be stripping fat or gaining lean mass. Packed with over 70g of protein and boasting a moderate fat content this is another satisfying yet simple recipe that you need to knock up for yourself.
Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 Chicken Breasts
Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
50g Sugar Snap Peas, Strings Removed
100g Whole Wheat Farfalle Pasta
Canola Oil Spray
1/2 Ripe Avocado, Halved, Pitted, Peeled, And Cut Into Small 1/2-inch Chunks
Handful of Chopped Fresh Basil
Tbsp Olive Oil (Optional)
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the sugar snap peas for 30 seconds. With a small sieve, remove the vegetables and transfer to a bowl, setting aside.
2. Return water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; setting the pasta aside.
3. Whilst the pasta is cooking cut the chicken breast into small strips, grilling until golden-brown on both sides and cooked right the way through. Remove from grill and set aside.
4. In a pasta pot add 2 tablespoon's canola oil and allow to warm over a medium heat. Add the sugar snap peas and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until vegetables are tender but with a slight crisp, for about 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, avocado, basil, grilled chicken and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over the dish if desired. Serve and enjoy.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: